General Rules and Ethics
1. Each student must carry his/her Reference card/ Lending Card bearing photograph to the library. Without the reference card students will not be allowed to avail of any service or instructions.
2. Each student must keep his/her Reference card deposited to the library while availing reading/reference services.
3. Students should be able to show their Reference Cards to prove his/her identity cum membership if and when asked.
4. Each student must sign the user register for students to record his/her attendance, purpose etc. in the library.
5. Library Cards are non –transferable. If Library Card is lost, duplicate card may be issued with a fine of Rs. 10 each.
6. Only present Students, Teachers and Staff of the college can use the Library. No ex-student or outsiders are allowed to use the Library.
7. Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, and Reference Books are not for lending and students are not allowed to take these documents outside the library.
8. If books are lost or damaged (including marking on the pages), borrower must replace a copy of the book of the same or available latest edition.
9. Damaging the library property is a serious offence and is liable to punishment.
10. Students must return all books before collecting the admit card for the University Examination. It is the responsibility of every students to return all books, settle all Library dues (if any), and also get a No-dues cum Clearance Certificate from the Library.
11. All members associated with the institute must obtain Clearance Certificate from Library before being released from the institute.
12. Chatting or sitting idle, taking refreshments, sleeping, talking over phone, loitering pointlessly and using social media are BANNED inside the library.
13. Students should consult the different notices and announcements displayed on the Library Notice Board.
14. Any misbehaviour in the Library will lead to cancellation of membership and/or serious disciplinary actions.
15. Silence and patience are the two most important words to remember in the library. Students must keep silent so that other students are not disturbed. They must also keep patience to get his/her requests/demands dispensed and cooperate with the library staff.
16. Researchers and teachers of other colleges may use the Library Reading Room and consult reference books and journals on special permission of the principal.